Thursday, January 10, 2008

too much soymilk

"Humans have 46 chromosomes. True or False?"

The question above is just an example of some of the questions the professor asked in my genetics class. Apparently, no one knew the answer (I'm hoping they did know, just didn't want to speak up in class). I was so bored in genetics today that I actually started writing my term paper for my history and comparative politics class. I'm hoping that this is just a review...because if this is how the class will be, I will definitely be bored to death the entire semester. But who am I to complain about less work? Too bad attendance counts 20% of my grade (no joke, 20% - and all you have to do is sign a piece of paper).

I just downed a whole carton of Vitasoy. MMMMM.....soymilk + vitamin D2 and calcium :-)
Juice boxes are also a big thing around here - and there's every flavor imaginable, like Mango, apple, chrysanthemum, lichee, and even lemon-pear Nestle. The pear one tastes interesting....
If you have coins, you can take juice boxes out of the vending machine and there are hardly any sodas around.

I'm finding that I'm actually learning Chinese characters by recognition. I actually just realized that my name that I've been taught in Chinese is just my first name. How do you write "Wong?" Is it the one meaning yellow? I seriously don't know - I would appreciate it if someone (ehhem - dad) would email me about that....

No comments: