Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Insomnia

It's 2:30am. I think I drank too much tea! I am feeling WAYYY better than I did last week. I think I'm officially over my cold :-) I have class at 10:30 am...I might skip it if I don't wake up in time! haha

Nothing new really happened since the last time I wrote. I guess that means I'm settling in? I did walk around Causeway Bay with one of my friends. Causeway Bay is on the HK side...near Central. It's a touristy area, so everything there is more expensive than usual. We did eat at this place well-known for their desserts. It's pretty cheap actually for the amount you get. I don't really know how to write in English what we ordered. But it was delicious :-)

oh and Causeway Bay has no meat market (at least that's what who we asked said)! How lame.

I stumbled upon the meat market and open market in Shatin (about time!). There's really nothing to do in Shatin (which is the area where I stay) except for the Newtown Plaza mall...and a temple. But the meat market was disgusting...as usual. If you ever find yourself in HK and you visit a meat market, be sure to roll up the pants leg or you'll be soaked in juices. yum.

Meat market = hanging dead animals. You can actually put the pieces together that are hanging and make a whole animal. They have everything - pig, cow, duck, goose...etc. Tasty, eh?

I've decided I'm staying in Hong Kong for Chinese New Years. Everyone I know is traveling - to Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, etc. BUT, I'd rather not go during Chinese New Years because it's so busy...and expensive. Besides, I want to actually stay in China to experience Chinese New Years (too bad firecrackers are illegal in HK now!). Apparently, the tradition is to walk down "Flower Street" in Mong Kok on Chinese New Years. I'm really really excited to see the Lion Dance :-p

Oh, and it's Year of the Rat. And they made the rodent look so adorable, it rivals Ratatouille

It's almost 3am. Goodnight!

No comments: