Wednesday, January 16, 2008

back to my childhood!!!

Today was Disney day :-) I went to Disneyland in Hong Kong with a few friends of mine. Ann knew a friend who worked at Disneyland as a dancer and got us free tickets! It was a fun day - and might I add, Disneyland is quite small (the smallest in the world) in Hong Kong. And the rides were okay...more like kiddie rides but there were no lines and we had all day to ride them. LoL

The shows are much better. We saw the Lion King show (of course) and some other ones. They are only 15 mins long so they were quick. I think it's good to at least go to Disneyland in Hong Kong at least once...just to experience the magic (however small it is) :-)

It took me back to my childhood and really made me want to watch all the Disney movie classics!! Too bad I haven't seen a TV on campus yet...no joke, I have not watched TV at all since I've been in Hong Kong.

Here are some highlights:


Buzz Lightyear was drunk...or at least he sure acted like it! He elbowed Ann in the arm when he was changing his pose...
Donald Duck! I always wonder how much these Disney characters get paid...
Sleeping Beauty's castle right before the fireworks. The fireworks show was just like any other fireworks show you would see on Fourth of July...except themed with Disney songs

This was on the train to Disneyland. The seats were like cushions and the walls were lined with Mickey Mouse shaped-heads. And the handle bars to hold when standing were Mickey shaped as well. What a cute train.
The mouse of the hour! He must be worth millions :-p

Goofy was the funniest (I wonder why?) And he was tall...
The stage for the Chinese New Years show. It starts Jan 22 till Feb 24...Ann's friend will be in it!





Here are the walls on the train (subway) that I was talking about earlier. And they have little statues, like the one of Tinkerbell, along the walls as well.









One of the banners on the stage for the Chinese New Years Performance. Since next year will be the Year of the Rat, they have made thi their logo. I think it's rather creative, don't you? (bc they made the chinese character look like Mickey)


PS: I learned how they pronounce all the DISNEY characters in Cantonese! And....Mickey Mouse sounds pretty amusing in Cantonese vs. in English :-p

No comments: