Tuesday, April 15, 2008

places seen and to be seen

I do not believe that I put up pictures of Malaysia or Singapore! I think during that time, I was too tired to even bother. I won't reiterate how fun Kuala Lumpur and Singapore were - I'll just emphasize how much I'd love to go back again :-) 
Hindu Temple in Chinatown in Kuala Lumpur. There are Chinatown's everywhere....
Vishnu! Batu Caves in Malaysia. only a 45min bus ride! 
Mercado Square in KL. Everything is basically within walking distance. But taxi fares can be negotiated and is rather cheap!
Wild monkeys at Batu Caves. When I started digging in my bag to look for my camera, they automatically thought I was giving them food...
Patronas Towers (Twin Towers) in KL. supposedly the tallest until the one in Taipei, Taiwan was built!
Children fascinated by the cat in a Buddhist temple in Tai O (Hong Kong)

Went to the Big Buddha again just to see one of Buddha's relics (it's inside the statue - the Big Buddha is actually hollow!)
The theatre looks like durians! (fruit that smell really really bad....and they don't taste all the great either)
Indian Bazaar in KL (Nasjik India)
Farewell party hosted by OAL (Office of Academic Links/International Asian Studies Programme)
Aww so snazzzy

Jamie's fork is in the way!! I dont' remember what this was....
On the cable car up to Big Buddha - newly built but highly unreliable...Good thing we didn't crash!
My cantonese classmates :-)
Lulu - so cute! she's chinese, lives in japan, and knows how to speak putunghua
Mr. model Colin Chow - he's one of the advisors that works in OAL. super funny and nice to talk to!
Jamie and Minsi. so pretty :-)
The girls at lucky number 18.

No comments: