Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Oh Brother! BSB and Macau X2!

I cannot believe it is already MARCH! What a fast 2 months...and I only have another 2 months before I have to back home :-( My brother came into town on Tuesday (feb 26) and he is leaving today (Tuesday 4 March). It's been great finally seeing some immediate family! I wish I didn't have midterms so I could have hung out with him more...but oh well. And yes, I still study! He did most of the sightseeing that I had already done - so he traveled with his friends to do that. In terms of going out...well, I took him to Macau and to see the nightlife in HK. I also took him to Honeymoon Desserts (a really good place for HK desserts and fusion desserts). I tried durian for the first time; it tastes like an onion...bad aftertaste...and the smell sticks to you (it smells like someone farted. ^^) I hope my brother had fun - I just wanted to show him a good time :-)

So...the Backstreet Boys came to Hong Kong! How weird is that? We went to the Asia-World Expo, a newly built arena (only a few years old). It's quite huge and it also is quite far away from CU! We took a bus that curves and winds and curves some more...we almost got sick just going around in circles and winding through HK's back-alley ways. But after an hour, we finally made it. The show started at 8pm....we got there at 5:00pm and there was still a line! It was standing only so we wanted to get a good spot. Can you guess how close we were able to get?

Here are some highlights from Friday/Saturday :-) Enjoy.
Asia-World Expo...only the East wing I believe.

We stole this poster on the way out...after the concert! The security guard caught us...but I just asked him to give it to us since they were going to throw it away anyway (in Cantonese of course). He said....hurry and get out of here before they see you. :-)
The line for BSB - Zone A!

The show :-) I couldn't get any clear pictures because Asians like to push. And fanatic Asians for BSB especially LOVE to push. I got jabbed in my back for most of the concert - which at one point I yelled at the girl to stop pushing me. BTW - i HATE standing only/General Admission. Oh...we were in the wayyyy front :-)

Post-concert. There were two others but they had to pee! So we just got a security guard to take it for us :-)
Macua: Round 2

Inside a church. It was quite beautiful.
Can you find Kenny? @ Ruins of St. Paul
Kenny and his friend Mike are exercising in a park. Macau is so health-conscious! They have this park with this exercise equipment - free to use!
Kenny resting after hiking up a hill - the tallest point in Macau? It was quite anti-climatic and it took us FOREVER to get to there (Guia Hill).

2 comments:

Unknown said...

heyyy...i had a really good time in hk - you did a good job showing us around. it was good seeing you! you've gotten so much better at canto haha - if you do go to vietnam...it's gonna be a reality check - i'll tell you about it after i get back. i just want to travel the world now - i'm seriously thinking about going to japan or somewhere next month haha...i gotta see all of asia while i still have time!

peter said...

You forgot about me, how terrible.

peter